I want to thank Nen and Jen for this nomination! You are both so kind!
I’ve seen the Sunshine Blogger Award making the rounds, and the questions and answers are so good!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
– Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.
What was the last book you strongly disliked?
I would probably say The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton. I really wanted to like this book, and although I forced myself to finish it, I could have very easily put it down.
How does your star rating system work for your reviews?
I rate my reviews out of five stars. If I loved it and couldn’t put it down then I’ll give it five stars. I take into account the storyline, how I feel about the characters and the writing style which will determine how many stars it gets. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
What are your favourite pizza toppings?
Cheese and pineapple all the way. If I’m feeling extra fruity then I’ll slice a banana on top. (It sounds weird, but trust me, it will change your life!)
Would you rather read a great plot with mediocre characters or a boring plot with amazing characters?
This is a hard one! I seem to really enjoy stories with awesome characters. So, I think I’ll choose that one.
How many books are you currently reading, and which one is your favourite so far?
I have three books on the go. A review book called Soon by Lois Murphy. The Beckoning Shadow by Kathryn Blair. I’m also listening to Nevernight by Jay Kristoff as an audiobook. My fave so far is The Beckoning Shadow. It’s fantastic!
What was the last book review you posted?
Birthday by Meredith Russo. It was great and you can read my review here.
Do you prefer MG, YA, NA, or adult books?
Definitely YA all the way!
Is there a popular author you’re NOT interested in reading anything by? (Elaborate if your comfortable doing so)
At the moment I can’t think of any. I suppose that’s a good thing…
What marginalised rep would you most strongly like to see more of in books?
Raising awareness of difficult issues such as suicide and assault are so important and I love it when they are portrayed in books. It makes people aware of these issues.
Do you listen to music while reading?
I don’t! I much prefer a nice quiet environment to read. I usually read in bed.
Do you prefer book Twitter or bookstagram?
I would say bookstagram. I’m more active over there. However, I am only recently getting into Twitter so my answer may change at a later date.
I’ve decided to nominate these bloggers as they have been so supportive of my blog since day one. I also love their posts. 🙂
I really liked the questions I had so I’ll go with those. 🙂
•. What was the last book you strongly disliked?
• How does your star rating system work for your reviews (if you use one)?
• What are your favorite pizza toppings?
• Would you rather read a great plot with mediocre characters, or a boring plot with amazing characters?
• How many books are you currently reading, and which one is your favorite so far?
• What was the last book review you posted?
• Do you prefer MG, YA, NA, or adult books?
• Is there a popular author you’re NOT interested in reading anything by? (Elaborate if you’re comfortable doing so!)
• What marginalized rep would you most strongly like to see more of in books?
• Do you listen to music while reading?
• Do you prefer book twitter or bookstagram?
Thanks for reading! 😃