Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010, and then moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books and the desire to bring bookish friends together.
This weeks topic:
Books on my TBR I’m avoiding reading and why
1. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin – This has been on my TBR for such a long time, however I didn’t like the show and that is putting me off the books.
2. The Vampire Diaries by L. J. Smith – I tried to read these books since I watched the show. I couldn’t get invested in it due to it being quite different from the show. I put it down to try again another time.
3. Kings Cage by Victoria Aveyard – I read the first book in the series and loved it. I hated the second book which has put me off reading the rest. ☹️
4. The Maze Runner by James Dashner – I’ve watched the films which were great. I am afraid that they won’t compare. 😱
5. Fan girl by Rainbow Rowell – So many people love this book. What if I don’t???
6. The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas – Again, it is such a hyped up book. I don’t want to be disappointed.
7. Skyward by Brandon Sanderson – I really really want to like this book. I will hopefully get to it eventually and I’m sure I will be annoyed I didn’t pick it up sooner!
8. Gideon The Ninth by Tamsyn Muir – I’m sure I will like this (it’s set in space!), but the cover is putting me off!
9. Ascension by Victor Dixen – I’m not sure why I haven’t picked this up yet. It sounds awesome. They are long books though. Perhaps they are intimidating?
10. Caraval by Stephanie Garber – This is such a hyped up book/series. I’m scared I won’t like it.
That’s it for this week. Have you read any of these? Would you recommend I start any of them? Let me know in the comments