I thought I would post something a little different. I see a lot of awesome bookish blogs posting things like tags and polls. I thought it would be great to join in the fun and mix it up a little!
I know that everybody has their own opinions on the format of the book they are reading. Today I am going to compare paperback books versus hardback books. (I will do a later post including e-books and audio books)
I did a small poll on Twitter to see which was most popular, shown below:
So, as you can see the the results state that most people prefer paperback books. Although everybody has their own opinion, of course.
- Paperback books are usually smaller, and therefore easier to fit in your bag.
- They are not as heavy – it is much easier to haul around a bagful of paperbacks than it is hardbacks.
- Paperback books are usually more affordable.
- Pretty covers!
- Paperbacks are very prone to damage – creased covers and bent spine 😦
(Not so may cons to a paperback, lets see how the hardback goes)
- They tend to last longer – more durable.
- Sometimes you get two covers in one – take off that dust jacket and there is a surprise underneath!
- Pretty covers!
- Typically hardbacks are more expensive.
- They are so heavy – much bulkier to carry around than a paperback.
Honestly, I don’t mind too much whether I have a paperback or a hardback book. I love to hold a physical book in my hands, and the smell is the best aroma in the world (yep!).
However, if I own a series then the books have to match. I cannot have the first book in a paperback and its sequel as a hardback. I also need to check the size of the books in a series. If the paperback copies are different sizes, then I will go for the hardback every time!
So that is the end of this post. I hope you enjoyed reading something a little different on my blog.
I would love to hear your thoughts! Do you prefer a hardback book or a paperback book? Let me know in the comments 🙂